Equipment to bring
Where to change
|5 & 6|
Boys & Girls
|Mrs Wakeman||KS2 Playground||3.00-4.00||PE kit||C3|
|Football Club (Max 30)||5 & 6|
Boys & Girls
|Mr Barker||School Field||15.00-16.00||PE kit / Shin Pads / Drinks Bottle / Goalkeeping gloves (optional)||C5/6|
|Wednesday||Choir||2, 3 & 4||Mrs Lloyd & Mrs Wakeman||Music Room||12.20-12.45||Singing Voices|
|Mindfulness Colouring||3, 4, 5 & 6||Mrs Hayward-Surry||C3/4||12.20-12.45|
|Wildlife Explorers (this club is full for this half term)||3 & 4||Mr Whitehead||C6||15.00-16.00||C5/6|
|Thursday||Orchestra||Grade 1 and above||Mrs Lloyd||Music Room||8.00-8.45||Instruments|
|Table Tennis (No sign up required – Max 20 on the day)||3, 4, 5 & 6||Mr Barker or Mr Brown||Hall||12.15-12.45||Trainers|
|Carmina Burana Choir||5 & 6||Mrs Lloyd||Music Room||15.00 - 16.00||Singing Voices|
|Friday||Football Club (Girls- Max 30)||5 & 6||Mr Barker and Mrs Wakeman||School Field||12.15 - 12.45||PE kit / Shin Pads / Drinks Bottle / Goalkeeping gloves (optional)|
SCHOOL CLUBS – Some frequently asked questions
We know your child/children will enjoy participating in the extra-curricular life of Roundwood Primary School. Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about these clubs.
What time do the clubs start and finish?
• School clubs take place at lunchtime or start at 3.00pm and the children will be ready to be picked up from school at 4.00pm promptly.
Where does my child’s club take place?
• Please refer to the table overleaf.
What does my child need to bring to the club?
• This varies from club to club but brief details can be found overleaf. Children attending sports clubs need to ensure they have appropriate named footwear.
What happens if the club is cancelled?
• We aim to avoid cancelling clubs if at all possible as we are aware of the inconvenience this causes you. Sports clubs will try to do a tactics session in the class room. However, in the rare event that a club is cancelled, we will make every effort to let you know so that you can make appropriate arrangements to collect your child. If this is not possible, a member of staff will take responsibility for children from that club who have to remain at school until 4.00pm.
Does my child have to attend the club every week?
• Yes. We expect children to commit themselves to attending a club/clubs every week. If an absence is unavoidable, please let the member of staff running the club know in advance by letter or by ‘phoning the School Office. If your child is absent through illness, the member of staff running the club will check with the class teacher or the School Office.
Do clubs run every week throughout the term?
• Usually but children will be notified otherwise.
When collecting your child, will you make your way round to the hall, classrooms or the school fields where the activities are taking place.
If you have any other queries, please don’t hesitate to contact the member of staff running the club. Thank you.
In the event of extreme inclement weather or school closure, please note that the extra-curricular clubs at the end of the day will not be taking place as we will be anxious to get the children home as soon as possible.