The Roundwood Primary School Eco-Council was established in Spring 2008; it is made up of 2 children from each class (C1 upwards) who were elected by their classmates.
We meet during assembly time and Miss Fricker and Mrs. Cavenagh-Mainwaring supervise.
On 11th June as part of our Bananas’ theme ‘Reduce, re-use. recycle’, the eco-council presented the updated Eco-Code to the school during assembly. They explained that the Eco-Code reminds us what we can do around school in order to look after our immediate environment and the wider world. The Eco-Code is on display in every classroom.
|Roundwood’s Sustainable Schools Ambassadors||Class|
|Hollie and Finn||C1|
|Gabby and Zac||C1/2|
|Aoife and Max||C2|
|Mimi and Lawrence||C3|
|Sophia and Jayan||C3/4|
|Evie and Jamie||C4|
|Jemima and Rhys||C5|
|Livvy and Henri||C5/6|
- Turn off the lights when a room is empty.
- Use water bottles or reusable plastic cups.
- Turn off the taps when you’ve finished.
- Put all non-recyclable litter in the bins.
- Re-use then recycle paper, card and plastic.
- Look after school property and grounds.
- Turn computers off when you’ve finished.
- Think before you print.
- Only laminate when necessary.