Please ensure all items of uniform and personal property including coats are clearly marked with your child’s name.
Some items of uniform can be bought through school as well as through our uniform suppliers ‘Beat School Uniform’, details of which are below. Second hand uniform is regularly available at school events and is sold through the Friends of Roundwood Primary.
Nursery and Reception children
- Coats and shoes should be able to be fastened independently, such as with Velcro or zips
- Spare set of clothes including underwear, socks or tights to be kept in Book Bag
Nursery Uniform – optional
If you choose not to send your child in uniform, please remember that clothes worn should be practical and allow for ease of movement and participation in a variety of activities, both indoor and out, messy play and physical activity.
- Elasticated trousers
- A white school polo shirt
- A navy/school sweatshirt
- Black plimsolls for indoor use
- A book bag (available from the Office, £8)
Uniform for Reception, KS1 and KS2 pupils
- Plain dark grey tailored trousers, skirt or pinafore dress
- White school polo shirt and navy school sweatshirt or cardigan
- Black, white or grey socks or plain navy or grey tights.
- Winter uniform – Between October half term and February half term, long trousers rather than shorts must be worn. N.B. This period may be extended in the event of longer periods of inclement weather at the discretion of the Headteacher.
- Summer uniform: Shorts or yellow and white gingham dress.
- Coat – warm and waterproof
- If preferred, tailored shirts and school ties can be worn
- Low-heeled black or navy shoes. Sandals may be worn but toes should be enclosed.
- Trainers should be predominantly black – brightly coloured footwear should not be worn.
- Indoor shoes – black plimsolls or trainers
*New P.E. uniform introduced for Reception in September 2019. Optional for other year groups:
- *White, blue and yellow PE shirt with school logo
- *Blue PE shorts or skort with school logo
- Change of socks for PE – especially if tights are worn
- Navy blue or black tracksuit for P.E.
- Trainers for outdoor P.E.
- Navy jacket fleece-lined/showerproof (optional)
- Football boots and shin pads are compulsory for children wishing to attend football club
- Book bag for carrying reading books to and from school
- Classroom water bottle – named
- Named drawstring bag to hold P.E. kit
School uniform suppliers
- BEAT – www.beatschooluniforms.co.uk, 0844 879 7288
- Stevenson’s in St Albans, 01727 853262.
Both these companies have stores in Harpenden. Please note, on formal occasions such as joint local schools’ music concerts, the children will be required to wear shirts/blouses and school ties – this usually applies only to the oldest pupils and a number of school ties are kept at school for use by pupils.