Please ensure all items of uniform and personal property including coats are clearly marked with your child’s name.
Branded and other items can be bought from uniform shops/online as detailed below.
Second hand uniform is sold via Friends of Roundwood Primary, who hold regular uniform sales and also have a Facebook page.
Uniform for Reception, KS1 and KS2 pupils
- Plain dark grey school trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore dress
- White polo shirt
- Navy school sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- Plain navy or grey tights or socks
- Optional summer uniform (summer term and September): Yellow and white gingham dress
- Coat – warm/waterproof
- Elasticated jogging bottoms or leggings (no denim)
- Long or short-sleeved t shirt with a jumper or cardigan
- All in one waterproof suit
- Forest school clothing- see separate list sent to Nursery parents
Nursery and Reception children
- Coats and shoes should be able to be fastened independently, such as with Velcro or zips
- Reception children: One spare set of clothes including underwear, socks or tights to be kept in book bag
- Reception children: All in one waterproof suit for outdoor learning
- Nursery children: Two sets of spare clothes to include bottoms, tops, underwear and socks to be kept at school
- Low-heeled black or navy shoes. Sandals may be worn but toes should be enclosed.
- KS1: Indoor shoes – black plimsolls or plain black/white trainers
- Reception: Named pair of wellington boots for outdoor learning.
P.E. kit to be worn on days your child has P.E. lessons. If your child attends a sports club, they will need to bring their P.E. kit and change into it before the club.
- White, blue and yellow PE shirt with school logo.
- Change of socks for PE – especially if tights are worn.
- Plain navy blue or black tracksuit bottoms/leggings
- Plain navy/blue PE shorts/skorts (with or without school logo)
- School sweatshirt or plain navy blue/black sweatshirt (no branded tracksuits please)
- Plain black/white trainers
Children must wear football boots, shin pads and football socks for tag rugby or football club.
- Nursery, Reception, Years 1 & 2: Book bag with school logo for carrying reading books and homework to and from school
- Classroom water bottle – named
- Sunhat when appropriate
- KS2: Pencil case (that fits in a tray) including: 4 HB pencils, colouring pencils, 30cm ruler, sharpener, rubber, handwriting pen (blue from Y4), felt tip pens (not Sharpie)
School uniform suppliers
School uniform basics available from supermarkets/other high street stores
Branded items available from:
BEAT, 4 Station Road, Harpenden https://www.beatschooluniforms.co.uk
Stevensons, 10 Leyton Road, Harpenden – email: email@example.com
Online suppliers including https://myclothing.com/roundwood-primaryschool/22186.school
Second-hand uniform: Friends of Roundwood Primary sell pre-loved uniform at regular sales at school and/or sign up to their second-hand uniform Facebook page.
Please name everything!
Please name all uniform, including water bottles and wellington boots.
If you wish to use labels, please consider these label suppliers, which earn commission for Friends of Roundwood Primary to be invested at school:
https://www.stikins.co.uk (fundraising number 17142 to earn 15% commission for the school)
https://www.mynametags.com (school id 26099 to earn 20% commission for the school)
https://stamptastic.co.uk/pages/school-welcome#a_aid=5b3539d622a0 (no ID required, 20% commission to school)