Well-being is at the core of everything at Roundwood Primary, from the pupils’ well-being, the staff’s and beyond into our wonderful community.
We believe in the Young Minds’ definition for Mental health, which states it is:
“The capacity to live a full, productive life as well as the flexibility to deal with its ups and downs. In children and young people it is especially about the capacity to learn, enjoy friendships, to meet challenges, to develop talents and capabilities.” Young Minds.
At Roundwood, we know that when individuals are struggling with problems or their well-being this can affect their ability to access new learning and retain this. Therefore, it is imperative that pupils’ physical and mental health and well-being are our priorities.
At Roundwood we aim to ensure all pupils:
- Know what Mental Health is.
- Possess strategies to help care for their Mental Health and well-being.
- Recognise that experiencing all emotions is natural but learning how to regulate and process these are important. At Roundwood, we use Zones of regulation to support this.
- Have an awareness of caring for your mental health and well-being at all times and not just when we are feeling low or poorly.
- Develop a resilience to cope with the challenges life delivers.
- Know how to access further help or support, if or when required.
- Learn how to form positive and good relationships with others.
- Are provided with opportunities and support to help their well-being in order to access the learning, which is crucial for their Education.